- July 17, 2016
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- 10341 Water Street Highway 42 Ephraim, WI 54211
Founded as an initiative of grassroots organizations to mobilize civil society support for undocumented migrants at the European level, PICUM (Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants) promotes recognition of their fundamental rights within the development of EU and member states’ policies on migration management. PICUM seeks to guarantee dignity, equality and non-discrimination for undocumented migrants by increasing awareness of the human rights concerns caused by their unprotected status. They lead a growing network committed to ensuring real sustainable change for undocumented migrants by informing and engaging policy makers.
To meet its objectives, PICUM has developed the following activity areas:
- Monitoring and reporting to improve the understanding of human rights issues affecting undocumented migrants
- Awareness-raising through in-depth research and analysis to better inform policy makers of the living and working conditions of undocumented migrants and to promote recognition of the urgent need to protect their fundamental rights
- Capacity-building to strengthen and support the work of NGOs and other actors working to prevent discrimination against migrants based on migration status
- Advocacy to ensure undocumented migrants’ issues and concerns are mainstreamed within EU debates on justice, human rights, social affairs, employment, public health and education
- Global action to provide local experts working with undocumented migrants with a voice in international forums on migration and on human rights
Your generosity in support of this critical issue is greatly appreciated.