Environmental Justice Action Team
The Environmental Justice Action Team was established to sustain an understanding of the vital importance of a healthy environment, within our Fellowship community and larger community.
Some of our activities include:
- collaborating on projects with like-minded organizations;
- educating and guiding the congregation on green operations for the Fellowship and home;
- hosting educational discussions on powerful environmental films.
Some of our successes includes:
- starting the Climate Change Coalition of Door County;
- selling Fair Trade products;
- partaking in clean-up days (highway, invasive species, beaches.);
- guidance in resurfacing our parking lot with less toxic material.
Join us! We need your help in intensifying the efforts to mitigate climate change. We believe climate change is the most urgent issue of our time. You are welcome to attend our monthly meetings and to contact us with any community collaborations. For more information contact the Environmental Justice Action Team leader: Meg Ziegelmann, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Links and Resources
Links to organizational partners & helpful resources:
Climate Change Coalition of Door County
We are proud that the Climate Change Coalition of Door County, started as an environmental group of the Fellowship. As the group gained enormous at-large community support, it is now a strong, independently run organization.
UU Service Committee - Environmental Justice & Climate Action