About Our Sunday Services
Sunday Services Suspended Until Further Notice Due to COVID-19
Our Sunday Services have always been a core element of our community, providing a space for us to grow together spiritually, intellectually and morally. While we can’t meet as a group, we will continue offering a virtual forum to connect with each other. Find weekly Sunday Service alternatives here.
Sunday Services are held year-around at 10 AM and consist of a thought-provoking message as well as music and readings. Optional discussion related to the message follows a coffee break. The UUFDC is lay-led and offers a wide range of speakers and topics.The messages for the respective Sunday Services may be delivered by:
- Unitarian Universalist clergy and faith traditions
- Clergy from other denominations
- Unitarian Universalist lay speakers, songwriters, and authors
- Members and friends presenting original work on a variety of topics
- Members of the community speaking on many issues and from many viewpoints
- Academic professionals from various colleges and universities
Religious Education for school-aged children is held concurrent with the service.Our religious education program uses creative and thoughtful resources, activities and people to assist with the spiritual development of elementary and junior high school age children.
Personal assisted-hearing devices are now available at UUFDC. Those devices, a new sound system and improved acoustics were funded by a grant from the UUA Central Midwest District. The improvements are another effort to make UUFDC accessible to the community.