About Our Sunday Services
In-Person Sunday Services Suspended Until Further Notice Due to COVID-19
Our Sunday Services have always been a core element of our community, providing a space for us to grow together spiritually, intellectually and morally. While we can’t meet as a group, we will continue offering a virtual forum to connect with each other. Find current and archived weekly Sunday Service alternatives here.
When held in-person, Sunday Services are held year-around at 10 AM and consist of a thought-provoking message as well as music and readings. Optional discussion related to the message follows a coffee break. The UUFDC is lay-led and offers a wide range of speakers and topics.The messages for the respective Sunday Services may be delivered by:
- Unitarian Universalist clergy and faith traditions
- Clergy from other denominations
- Unitarian Universalist lay speakers, songwriters, and authors
- Members and friends presenting original work on a variety of topics
- Members of the community speaking on many issues and from many viewpoints
- Academic professionals from various colleges and universities
Personal assisted-hearing devices are now available at UUFDC. Those devices, a new sound system and improved acoustics were funded by a grant from the UUA Central Midwest District. The improvements are another effort to make UUFDC accessible to the community.